Midwifery care is billed and paid under a global fee. The global fee covers:
- Complete prenatal care (every four weeks until 28 weeks, every two weeks 28-36 weeks and weekly from 36 weeks until birth)
- Routine lab work
- On-call coverage
- Nutritional counseling
- Attendance during labor and delivery
- A qualified assistant at delivery
- Water birth tub rental
- Immediate postpartum care
- Newborn exam and care
- Antenatal home visits (36 and 37 weeks gestation)
- Postnatal home visits (postpartum days 1 and 3)
- Postpartum visits (day 7-10, weeks 2-4, weeks 6-8)
- Routine breastfeeding support and counseling
- A 5-pass Austinmama pass
- PLUS three massage therapy sessions!
The global fee does NOT cover additional lab work, genetic screening, ultrasounds, non stress tests, Rhogam or vaccinations, childbirth education classes, home birth supplies, newborn screening tests, well-baby visits with a pediatrician/physician, visits with other health care
practitioners or alternative medical treatments or any physician or hospital services.
Nurturing the pregnant body is important; as the growing baby is nourished constantly, so should the mother be. Receiving regular massage therapy sessions during the childbearing year is a safe and beneficial supplement that increases relaxation, circulation, and brings an overall sense of well-being and preparedness for labor and parenthood. Consider massage therapy by a Certified Bodywork for the Childbearing Year therapist to be a standard part of your prenatal care.