“She resolved my horrible back pain about 2 weeks before Luke was born. It was fantastic to enjoy the last few weeks of my easy pregnancy feeling great!” -N.R.
Benefits of prenatal massage:
• emotional support in time of transition
• relaxation and stress reduction
• increased circulation
• reduction of edema
• relief of muscle spasm and strain
• development of sensory awareness to prepare for experience of labor
• improved labor outcome with reduced pain perception and shorter labors
Benefits of post-partum massage:
• gives women the opportunity to process the birth experience
• facilitates recovery through enhanced circulation and lymphatic drainage
• alleviates muscle soreness from labor and breastfeeding
• addresses connective tissue recovery
• supports mind body connection with changes in posture
Mandy’s holistic belief’s surrounding health and wellness have guided her to the understanding that bodywork is vital to supporting the body’s process of healing. She studied massage therapy at the New Mexico College of Natural Healing. She is certified in Bodywork for the Childbearing Year and is a Licensed Midwife providing home birth services.
Massage Therapy sessions:
1 ½-hour $100
Office address: 1825 E 38 1/2 Street, Austin, TX 78722
In-home sessions available on limited basis. Inquire for more details.
Mandy Toavs, LM, CPM 512-909-2290 Mandy (at) Heirloommidwifery.com